The Application is operated by Local Lynx, a registered trade name of Local Ad Software, LLC (as described in Section 4 below) (“we”, “our”, or “us”).
- TYPES OF INFORMATION THAT MAY BE COLLECTED.
The following are the types of information we may collect:
Information You Provide Us
In the course of using the Application, we may ask you to provide us with certain information, including unique identifiers, such as your User ID, Username, or Application key, your password; connection type/network, device type, model, operating system version, carrier, and time zone; demographic information, application session, and registration application events (such as initialization).
When you download and use our Application, we may automatically collect information on the type of device you use, operating system version, and the device identifier (or “UDID”). In addition, if you submit User feedback, we may automatically collect information on your application version, device platform, device type, operating system version, carrier, network connection, and whether you are logged in as a premium subscriber of your cellular/data services provider.
We collect your location based information for the purpose of providing the appropriate level of service for your location and to activate certain location-based features of the application. We will share this information with our Subscribers, Licensors and other third-party vendors (referred to collectively as “Users”)for the sole purpose of providing you location-based features of the Application, such as a list of places that are near to you. If you no longer wish to allow us to track your geo-location information in the Application you may turn this off at the device level; provided that you understand if you turn off our ability to collect geo-location information you will not have access to these location-based features of the Application.
Application Usage Information
We may receive and store certain types of internet usage information whenever you visit the Application, such as your click-stream data and your IP address. See “IP Addresses and Click Stream Data” section below.
When you open e-mails from us, we may receive a confirmation notifying us that you opened the e-mail, if your device supports such capabilities. We also may keep track of what e-mails we send you and what e-mails you may be receiving from our subsidiaries and affiliates. Additionally, we keep a record of what communications you have selected to receive or not to receive. If you would like to opt-out of receiving such e-mails, please click on the “unsubscribe” link in the e-mail and follow the instructions.
We will occasionally send push notifications to your device indicating when a new feature is available. If you no longer wish to receive these types of communications you may turn them off at the device level.
Information from Other Sources
We may receive information about you from other sources and add it to your personal information.
- HOW INFORMATION MAY BE COLLECTED
We may collect information from you in several different areas on the Application, including but not limited to those described below:
As with many applications, the Application uses a technology called “cookies”. A Cookie is a collection of information that gets stored on the hard drive of your device when browsing the Internet. These small bits of code automatically identify your browser to the Application whenever your device is used to visit the Application. Cookies also let us know how many people visit the Application and where visitors go within the Application. In addition, Cookies can let us know non-personal identifiable information, like how many times a User has been on certain pages. For registered Users, Cookies can make using the Application easier for you by saving information such as your passwords or preferences. By tracking how and when you use the Application, Cookies help us determine which areas are popular and which are not. Many improvements and updates to the Application are based on data obtained from cookies. Accepting cookies allows you, among other things, to personalize your experience on the Application. Cookies may also allow the Application to present to you advertising which may be of interest to you.
IP Addresses and Click-Stream Data
We may collect IP addresses and/or click-stream data. An IP address is a number associated with the service through which you access the internet, like your ISP (Internet Service Provider), your company, or your university. Standing alone, your IP address is not personal identifiable. At times, we may also use IP addresses for purposes of system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers and sponsors, for example regarding the frequency with which our guests visit various parts of the Application. We may combine this information with personal identifiable information we obtain from you directly on the Application or any other of our other websites, or from third-parties.
Click-stream data is information collected by our computers when you request pages from the Application. Click-stream data may include such information as the page served, the time, the source of the request, the type of browser making the request, the preceding page view and other such non-personal information. When analyzed, this data helps us analyze how visitors arrive at the Application, what type of content is most popular, what type of visitors in the aggregate are interested in particular kinds of content and advertising, and the like.
We may use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our Application on your phone. This software may record information such as how often you use the Application, the events that occur within the Application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the Application was downloaded from. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any personal information.
Gimbal Mobile Beacons
We may us Gimbal beacon technology to enable our applications to provide location awareness which enables us to determine the relative proximity of where our Users are. If you do not wish to allow us to track your information, please see the Information You Provide Us section above.
- HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
We own the information collected on or through the Application. As applicable, the information you provide us may be used to:
- Contact you about the Application; and
- Monitor or improve the use of the Application; and
- Customize the advertising and content you see; and
- Better understand user feedback and connect with customer service; and
- Monitor compliance with our terms and conditions of use of the Application; and
- Send you promotional material or special offers on our behalf or on behalf of our Users and/or their respective affiliates and subsidiaries and other third-parties; and
- Sending you push notifications regarding new features – if you wish to opt-out from receiving these types of notifications you may turn them off at the device level.
- WITH WHOM THE INFORMATION MAY BE SHARED
At times, as described below, we may share your personal information with others for various purposes:
- Agents: We employ other businesses, certain services, and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include sending e-mails, removing repetitive information from customer lists, Application analysis, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, allowing access to post across several social networks, processing credit card payments and providing customer service.
- Aggregate Information: We may share aggregate information, such as demographics and Application usage statistics, with advertisers, sponsors, licensors or other organizations. When this type of information is shared, the other parties do not have access to your personal identifiable information.
- Business Transfers: In the event that all or substantially all of our assets are sold or transferred to another party, or another transaction occurs in which your personal identifiable information is one of the business assets transferred, all personal identifiable information that has been collected and saved may be one of the business assets we transfer. You will be notified of such transfer in accordance with the “Changes to the Policy” section below.
- Administrative or Legal Process: We or others may disclose your personal identifiable information to third-parties without notice to you in order to comply with applicable law or law enforcement agencies, to protect our or User’s rights, or to protect the rights of other Users of the Application.
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES OR APPLICATIONS
The Application incorporates reasonable safeguards to protect the security, integrity, completeness, accuracy and privacy of the personal information that we may collect and we have put into place reasonable precautions to protect such information from loss, misuse and alteration. Only those employees who need access to your information in order to do their jobs are allowed access. Our security policies are reviewed periodically and revised as required.
When we collect sensitive information (such as geo-location data), we encrypt the transmission of that information using encryption best practices.
- DATA RETENTION
We will retain your information (including geo-location information) for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at: email@example.com. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
- CORRECTING/UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION
If your personal identifiable information changes (such as your e-mail address or zip code), or if you no longer desire to have access to the Application, we will endeavor to provide a way to correct, update or remove the personal information you have provided us. You may request that we do so by e-mailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or via mail at: Local Lynx, 99 Park Avenue West, Mansfield, Ohio 44902. We will respond to your request within twenty (20) business days.
- YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of the LocaLynx who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosures of personal information to third-parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to: email@example.com or write us at: Local Lynx, 99 Park Avenue West, Mansfield, Ohio 44902.
99 Park Avenue West
Mansfield, Ohio 44902