Brand Terms & Conditions
As a condition to using the LocaLynx brand resources (“LocaLynx Brand Resources”), you agree to all the guidelines and instructions below (“Guidelines”).
These Guidelines, among other things, clarify the ways you can and cannot use the LocaLynx Brand Resources for marketing and other purposes. These Guidelines also contain some legal disclosures relevant to your use of the LocaLynx Brand Resources and a general set of questions and answers that address common inquiries and concerns.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why does LocaLynx need rules about how to use the LocaLynx Brand Resources?
These rules are intended to promote consistent use of the LocaLynx brand. This prevents confusion and makes it easier for people to instantly recognize references to LocaLynx. These Guidelines also help protect our trademarks.
Can I use LocaLynx on my product or merchandise, like clothing and accessories?
LocaLynx doesn’t permit or license its trademarks, logos or other intellectual property for use on merchandise like toys, apparel, accessories or packaging without explicit prior written approval.
Do I need to request permission for each use of the LocaLynx Brand Resources?
Submit a written request if you want to use the LocaLynx Brand Resources to market your products and services, or if you intend to use our assets in broadcast, television, or film. Otherwise, LocaLynx doesn’t require a brand permissions request or review your usage as long as you adhere to the LocaLynx Brand Guidelines.
Can I combine the LocaLynx Brand Resources with new terms or artwork to create my own marks and logos, or modify the color or design to fit with the style of my website or packaging?
No. You may not modify the LocaLynx Brand Resources in any way, which includes changing the design or combining our assets with other words or images.
You shouldn’t modify any colors in our logos.
You may scale the size of LocaLynx Brand Resources to suit your needs, as long as they are not the most distinctive or prominent feature on your web page, printed material or other content.
Can I use LocaLynx Brand Resources in my book, play or film?
You can use the word LocaLynx as part of your book, play or film to fairly and accurately describe your subject matter, as long as it’s clear that LocaLynx doesn’t endorse or sponsor your project. You may not use LocaLynx logos or images in your book, play, or film without written permission from LocaLynx.
Can I use LocaLynx logos and images I found somewhere else on the web?
You can only use the official LocaLynx Brand Resources that are available from the LocaLynx Brand Resources website.
Can I use LocaLynx in my domain name or online username?
You may not use any LocaLynx trademarks, or anything similar, in your trademark, domain name, username, or other account name.
What does LocaLynx do if people misuse the LocaLynx Brand Resources?
LocaLynx dedicates substantial resources to the development and protection of its intellectual property. In addition to seeking registration of its trademarks and logos, LocaLynx enforces its rights against people who misuse its trademarks.
Use the LocaLynx name and logos found on our Brand Resources site only, and not anywhere else. Make sure you check the LocaLynx Brand Resources often to ensure you’re using the most current versions.
Do not use other trademarks, names, domain names, logos, or other content that could be confused with LocaLynx.
When you’re talking about LocaLynx, always capitalize the first and second “L” and never modify or abbreviate the word “LocaLynx.”
Remember to display the word LocaLynx in the same font size and style as the content surrounding it, and never use any of the LocaLynx logos to replace the word LocaLynx in a sentence.
Using LocaLynx for Marketing
You may only use the LocaLynx Brand Resources to help market your own products and services if LocaLynx has authorized you to do so through a separate written agreement.
Remember to obtain advance written approval of your specific use from us and no later than one full week before launching your marketing campaign (or making your marketing materials publicly available). To obtain approval, you should submit your proposed use and complete samples of each proposed use to: Sales@LocaLynx.com. You may not use the LocaLynx Brand Resources unless we pre-approve your use in writing.
Remember to make the LocaLynx Brand Resources at least as prominent as any other featured mobile applications displayed on the same page or in the same marketing materials.
Remember to make your own brand features at least as or more prominent than the LocaLynx Brand Resources displayed on the same page or in the same marketing materials.
Remember to follow all of the display guidelines for the LocaLynx logos.
The following list contains actions and uses of the LocaLynx Brand Resources that are strictly prohibited:
- Don’t use the LocaLynx Brand Resources in a way that implies partnership, sponsorship, or endorsement by LocaLynx or any of its af liates.
- Don’t combine the LocaLynx name or logos, or any portion of any of them, with any other logo, company name, mark, or generic terms.
- Don’t use LocaLynx or any of the LocaLynx Brand Resources as a verb.
- Don’t make LocaLynx the most distinctive or prominent feature of your materials.
- Don’t use the LocaLynx Brand Resources in a way that is misleading, defamatory, libelous, obscene, infringing, illegal, derogatory, dilutive, or otherwise impairing or objectionable to the rights of LocaLynx or any third party.
- Don’t use the LocaLynx Brand Resources as part of a name of a product or service of a company other than LocaLynx.
- Don’t use an image confusingly similar to the LocaLynx telephone logo or any other LocaLynx Brand Resource or other variation of any LocaLynx Brand Resource for any purpose.
- Don’t use a variation, phonetic equivalent, foreign language equivalent, takeoff, or abbreviation of a LocaLynx trademark (or any portion of it), for any purpose, such as Localynx, Locallynx, LocalLynx, Local Lynx, LocaLinx, localynx, localinks, local links, etc.
- Don’t manufacture, sell, or give-away merchandise items, such as T-shirts and mugs, bearing any LocaLynx Brand Resources.
- Don’t use the LocaLynx trademark, or anything similar, as, or as part of, a second level domain name or platform username.
The LocaLynx name and logos are trademarks of LocaLynx and may only be used as described in these Guidelines. Avoid using the LocaLynx Brand Resources for anything that would be inconsistent with LocaLynx’s Terms of Service and these Guidelines. We may evaluate your use of the LocaLynx Brand Resources at any time to determine if you are violating our Terms of Service or these Guidelines. We may also revoke your permission to use the LocaLynx Brand Resources at any time.
© 2016 LocaLynx ™